Closing on 22nd Oct 2018
Judging on 28th Oct 2018
Result on 11th Nov 2018
Catalogue & Award on 11th Jan 2019
Exhibition on 19th-20th Jan 2019
6 PSA Gold
6 Lenscript Gold
6 Lenscript Silver
6 Lenscript Bronze
30 Lenscript Ribbon
1 Best Author
1 Best Club
The exhibition is open to anyone; however, an entry may be rejected when the sponsoring organization or its agent, in its reasonable discretion, believes the entry does not conform to the exhibition rules and conditions.
An entrant’s images will not be presented to the judges consecutively. An entrant’s four images will be distributed throughout four rounds of judging in that section. Distribution of images shall be in the same round order as submitted by the entrant.
Entries must originate as photographs (image-captures of objects via light sensitivity) made by the entrant on photographic emulsion or acquired digitally. By virtue of submitting an entry, the entrant certifies the work as his own (aliases are not permitted). The entrant permits the sponsors to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for publication and/or display in media related to the exhibition. This may include low resolution posting on a website. Note: Entrants who indicate that their images may not be reproduced or used “will not be eligible for awards” or inclusion in audio-visuals of the exhibition “and could be subject to disqualification” by the exhibition sponsors.
The exhibition assumes no liability of any misuse of copyright. Images may be altered, either electronically or otherwise, by the maker. Artwork or computer graphics created by the entrant may be incorporated provided the photographic content predominates, subject to Nature, Photo Travel and Photojournalism divisional restrictions. All final work must be on photographic film, or on electronic file, or on photographic or electronic print material, mounting excepted.
No title or identification of the maker shall be visible anywhere on the face of an image, print mat or mount entered in a PSA Recognized exhibition.
Each image must have a unique title. Once an image has been accepted in a PSA Recognized exhibition, that same image, or a like “in camera” or a “reproduction” duplicate of that image:
i. May not be entered or re-entered in any section of the same Division Star Ratings class in that exhibition regardless of media, format, or title.
ii. May not be re-titled for entry in any other PSA Recognized exhibition, including translation into another language.
Words such as “Untitled” and “No Title” are not acceptable as part or all of an image’s title, nor are camera capture filenames.
An image may be entered in only one section where acceptances of that image in multiple sections would be eligible for the same star path.
1. ALL Images must be the original work of the entrant. If two or more similar images are entered by the same author, the first one getting the acceptance score will be considered for acceptance or award, the other images will not be considered. Images may be altered, either digitally or otherwise, by the maker and artwork or computer graphics created by the entrant may be incorporated if the photographic content predominates.
2. Sections: (A) Open Color (PID), (B) Women Color (PID), (C) Open Monochrome (PID), (D) Portrait Monochrome (PID), (E) Nature (ND) and (F) Photo Travel (PTD). All are digital Sections. An author may submit a maximum of 4 images in each section. Images for each section should be UPLOADED to our website www.lenscript.in
3. Report Cards will be sent by E-Mail
4. A PDF catalogue will be email to all participants who paid entry fees. The Electronic catalogue can also be downloaded from the website.
5. Permission to reproduce images in the catalogue or for publicity is assumed unless otherwise denied by the author.
6. All Acceptances are eligible for statistics applicable to PSA.
7. An entrant's four images will be distributed throughout four rounds of judging. The decision of the Panel of selectors is final and binding, no further appeal will be entertained.
8. The exhibition is open to anyone; however, an entry may be rejected when the sponsoring organization, or its agent, in its reasonable discretion, believes the entry does not conform to exhibition rules and conditions.
9. Entry Fee:
Foreign Entrants: 1 & 2 Sections: $13(USD), 3 & 4 Sections: $25(USD), 5 & 6 Sections: $30 (USD).
For Indian Entrants: 1 & 2 Sections: Rs.450, 3 & 4 Sections: Rs.850, 5 & 6 Sections: Rs.1000.
10. Participants are requested to send their entries, Entry Fee etc well in advance. Late entries will not be entertained and the Entry Fee will be retained. If the entry fee is not received within the closing date, photographs may not be considered for selection.
For Foreign Entrants PAYPAL ID IS : firstname.lastname@example.org
For Indian entrants pay to :
Account Holder's Name: Soma Roy
Account Number: 30245784276
Bank Name: State Bank of India
Branch: City Centre Branch, Durgapur
IFSC Code: SBIN0006152
Payment through Bank transfer only. Payment Status can't be updated unless payment details are mailed to email@example.com
Cash Deposit will not be accepted
11. All parts of the image have to be photographed by the author who is holding the copyright of all works submitted. Organizers are not responsible for any misuse of copyright.
12. Submission of Entries to the Salon implies acceptance of the above regulations.
13. However judges’ decision will be final.
14. All the images will be displayed with multimedia projector / TV. Media type JPEG, Native Resolution is 1920 / 1080 pixel & color space is SRGB
15. Please read the above regulations carefully and try to avoid unnecessary correspondences.
16. Images should be 1024px on the longer side with sRGB colourspace. Filesize should be 1mb max.
If the exhibition determines before, during, or after the judging that an entrant has submitted entries where one or more images fail to comply with these Conditions of Entry, including the stated definitions, the exhibition reserves the right and discretion to delete the entry from the exhibition and void any or all acceptances or awards. Fees may be forfeited in these circumstances.
In order to ensure that images comply with the Conditions of Entry and definitions, the exhibition may carry out checks on the images to make sure that:
a) the images are the original work of the entrant and
b) the images comply with the rules and definitions as set out in these Conditions of Entry.
This may involve asking the entrant to provide originally captured image(s), with EXIF data intact, by a set deadline. The questioned image(s) of any entrant failing to comply with such a request for the original image(s) may be considered in breach of these Conditions of Entry, and declined. Such entries may be referred to PSA for further investigation of possible ethics violations. PSA retains the right to investigate in any way all complaints/suspicions of breaches of entry conditions, impose sanctions if deemed necessary, void the acceptances of any image found to violate the PSA rules, include the entrant’s name on the list of sanctions provided to Exhibitions, and share such investigations with FIAP. Entrants automatically agree to these terms by the act of entering the Exhibition.
By entering this exhibition, you are explicitly consenting to the personal details you have supplied, including email addresses, being held, processed and used by the exhibition organizers for purposes associated with this exhibition. You also explicitly consent to such information being sent to organizations that have accorded official recognition, patronage or accreditation to this exhibition. You acknowledge and accept that entering this exhibition means that the status and results of your entry may be made public.
An image is considered to be Monochrome only if it gives the impression of having no color (i.e. contains only shades of gray which can include pure black and pure white) OR it gives the impression of being a greyscale image that has been toned in one color across the entire image. (For example by Sepia, red, gold, etc.) A greyscale or multi-colored image modified or giving the impression of having been modified by partial toning, multi-toning or by the inclusion of spot coloring does not meet the definition of monochrome and shall be classified as a Color Work. Monochrome images may not be entered in PID Color sections.
A Photo Travel image expresses the characteristic features or culture of a land as they are found naturally. There are no geographic limitations. Images from events or activities arranged specifically for photography, or of subjects directed or hired for photography are not appropriate. Close up pictures of people or objects must include features that provide information about the environment. Techniques that add, relocate, replace or remove any element of the original image, except by cropping, are not permitted. The only allowable adjustments are removal of dust or digital noise, restoration of the appearance of the original scene, and complete conversion to grayscale monochrome. Other derivations, including infrared, are not permitted. All images must appear natural.
Nature photography is restricted to the use of the photographic process to depict all branches of natural history, except anthropology and archeology, in such a fashion that a well-informed person will be able to identify the subject material and certify its honest presentation.